{Chrysler 300} 300F Wheelcover restoration

{Chrysler 300} 300F Wheelcover restoration

I've taken my 300F wheel covers apart to repaint and replace the emblems. I don't think they'd ever been apart before. I had ordered the Cummins Apex red paint that people have recommended but it looks like it's too orange. I know my intakes were painted Buick Red by a previous owner. I have to replace one dinged up cover and the replacement has a more orange-red colored paint on it but it may have been repainted in the past.

Can anyone share their experience? And also, should I use primer on there before the paint? Doesn't look like there was any used originally.

Here are more pictures of my caps - https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kr3SgCLYUCF5LXWU6

Thanks, Nick.

---