Re: {Chrysler 300} Concours Judging deadline 7/31 for Pasadena 51st Annu

Re: {Chrysler 300} Concours Judging deadline 7/31 for Pasadena 51st Annual Fall Meet 300 International

Thanks, Bob! To all prospective Fall meet attendees:

To clarify for any of you not familiar with our events, every Spring and Fall Meet always has People’s Choice Judging that every 300 in attendance is automatically entered in for no additional fee.

Please don’t confuse this with Concours Judging which is a separate and optional activity only done at (most) Fall Meets. As noted in the last News-Flite, 300 Letter Series cars entered in Concours Judging are judged on the form we just reprinted. This is based on how the car left the factory, using the Club’s copy of the build records, hence the additional background work Bob referred to.

We want to make sure there are no disappointments - all 300s in any condition are always welcome at the Meets. But we want to be clear once you take the extra step into Concours Judging, it is meant for show quality 300s, not drivers, not projects looking for a “to do” list. Modifications deviating from the original build record such as, but not limited to, color changes, dealer options, added available options, “era correct” items, as well as disc brakes, electronic ignition, radial tires, and other “improvements” will result in points deductions.

So, if you have a 300 Letter Series car that is accurately restored, or an extremely well-preserved original and you want to put it through the wringer - have at it! Otherwise, just bring your car and have the regular feel good experience of our meets and stick with People’s Choice. I know our Club has a “reputation” but you are not going to get “picked on” unless you enter Concours. Heck, I once gave an award to a K in primer. We once gave a Best of Show to a H in house paint with pop-rivet patches behind the wheels. We’re not that scary!

300ly,
Andy