RE: {Chrysler 300} 1959 Chrysler 300 E Convertible White

RE: {Chrysler 300} 1959 Chrysler 300 E Convertible White

Robert-

The car was auctioned on Bring A Trailer in January. Several club members commented on the car including Nick and I (63impalaboy). You can see more photos by looking at the auction (which was a no-sale at $90,000) by clicking this link:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1959-chrysler-300e-convertible-6/

It’s very hard to rate a car from photos, especially after its been puffed up for a sale. But from what I saw was a good car overall with evidence of proper custodianship. As we all know, after you buy an old car, any old car, from anybody, you will discover those things that need doing that prior owners refused to do. That is how it works – and that is why most (but not all) old cars eventually wind up for sale. When a car needs more than the owner is willing to give, those needs are often disguised or overlooked and the car is presented for sale. Your task as buyer is to determine what those are and whether or not you can abide.

I would not hesitate to pursue it but not in the absence of at minimum an inspection of its mechanical and structural condition, only possible in person.

Danny Plotkin