Re: {Chrysler 300} FW: Chrysler 300 1964

Re: {Chrysler 300} FW: Chrysler 300 1964

Interesting comment , on hemi C body as reputation and reality are often misaligned .
Back in the day when all were new , I was still fooling around, ( 440 challenger ) the saying on the street was 340 beats 440 and 440 beats hemi . Pretty much true  unless super tuned , traction bars etc . Stage 2  Buick can kill all of them . Buick can readily do into 12 ‘s in street trim , due to that switch pitch special turbo 400 . Puts a car length on your 440 off the line you can’t catch him .

65 dart 273 4 speed was one very fast car , surprised a lot of later mopars . I remember best of 3 one night in one of those against? 63?or 64  427 4 speed ford dual quad . The dart killed him all three times , walks away at top end .

I once beat a new Porsche in 72 in 440 70 Imperial uphill (route 2 hill out of Boston ) it was reading 130 , Porsche guy downshifting like mad could not keep up . Once at top he went by me at about 150 . 1 for 440 torque !

Other observations , 396 Chevelle  is a real dog , despite rep . 16 second car . Chevy guys act like it is 11 second . (Street trim )

In my experience , forget pre 70 Fords , wheel hop kills them.
On the other hand 62-63 300 hp 327 62 chev 4 speed is like our 340 . Into 13 sec . Tuned right , surprisingly quick car , often beats 409 on street . Beats us easily , very frustrating personally .

And at the all stock  drags every year two studebaker larks there can get into 12’s , frequently killing sixpacks and hemis  ( but not the Buick ) . With 57 vintage 289 cubic inches . But yeah 7 psi in intake . But that blower  IS stock . 60 years afraid of hellcat same idea .

Hemi weight on nose kills it . I had 480” hemi cuda … like driving on ice trying to get moving .

Our big mopars don’t have that problem , great weight transfer , front up , back down , go!  I love that part , used to yell at Chevy guys , gonna bog or burn , and they did .

Ahh, for those days again ..

Sent from my iPhone