From: "John Grady" <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 3:55pm
To: misse002@xxxxxxxxx, "chrysler 300 club" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 67 300 convertible

Hi if it was ok after his work , probably not a mistake by him . What you describe to fix a  failed dimmer rheostat temporarily is right , he moved orange wire power ( dash lights ) probably to rear park light wire . On headlight switch . Or a jumper , on headlight switch between those two places  . First place to look is some kind of short there . But , contrary to that , the only place the Brake light “ on wire “ from the brake pedal switch gets near park light wires  is in directional switch or at tail of car . Maybe directional or 4 way flasher got bumped or damaged . Try moving directional lever while this is happening and see .
If “brake on “ wire or brake bulb wires in the  back get shorted together to park wires at back —after he did that jump , — when you step on brake and back  brake lights go on , it will turn on all 4 park lights and if his jumper is as I describe that will now also light all the dash lights .
So —-from afar —- you have a short between brake light wire and park light wire , most likely at bulb socket or wiring in rear or bulb is not in right ( turned  to its index) etc etc  . Did he touch taillights ? Or bulbs? Cleaning trunk ? Any non stock balls of tape or pinched wires etc in trunk are suspect. Shirt could also be in harness to back but very unlikely .. That would take two wires skinned and touching , yet not grounding out . My bet is on bulb bottom contacts or near socket in back
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 8, 2022, at 1:47 PM, misse002@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Hi all, I have a problem…I’m in the Bay Area CA. My lights did not work in the dash board when I got my car. I had a shop look at it and he said it is my panel lamp dimmer switch. Not to confuse for the dimmer for headlights. He temporarily fixed to we’re my dash has light but I won’t be able to dim them. Temp fix until my electric guy is back from vacation. Been about two weeks.
>
> Now, the problem, my husband takes the car to get detailed and now every light on the dash comes on when I step on the brake!! I step on the brake and the front parking lights, the two signal lights on top of the car, green light on my dash and now a red light, I think it said breaks? Scary!! Anyone have an idea of what this may be?
> Thank you in advance,
> Elaina
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> --