Re: {Chrysler 300} hood to core support shield 63-64

My G had one

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2022, at 2:10 AM, Henry Schleimer <henry.schleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The flap also reduces the amount of hot air from the engine bay being sucked back over and though the radiator again – possible at idle and low speeds.

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rich Barber
Sent: Monday, 12 September 2022 6:49 AM
To: apozdol@xxxxxxxxxxx; 'Chrysler 300 Club International'
Subject: RE: {Chrysler 300} hood to core support shield 63-64

Thinking about the event on 9-11 21 years ago, remembering the slaughter of the innocent, the sacrifices and heroism of the first responders, air crews and passengers. Praying for closure, peace and healing for the survivors—and us.

Our rammed 300K rag has A/C and the rubber flap on the under side of the hood.  I can’t tell if it actually rests on the radiator support or not but it seems logical it can divert some more air through the radiator and prevent some of the rainwater, sand, dust and whatever that big grille eats, away from the engine and its attached items—not to mention the air cleaners.

I would think this flap to be a standard item on our ’63-‘64’s and many other cars.

Rich B. in somewhat cooler central CA