{Chrysler 300} Throttle linkage 64 K

I could use some advice on my throttle linkage.

I keep pushing the throttle pivot arm out of the bracket attached to the top of the motor, and for the fifth time the plastic bushing has cracked apart and the rod flops out.

After replacing the motor mounts, I began by setting the pedal angle to 114 degrees. This took a lot of adjustment to get there, almost all the thread available.

The car came to me quite a bit off here, and it didn’t appear that any PO had played with this. Is 114 degrees really necessary?

I do understand the diminished linear travel within a sweeping arc. But? There appears to be no other throttle stop other than the floor board.

Is this split bushing design a failsafe for something, or just a bad design?

I never had this problem on my other 64. I never had to adjust the linkage on that car, though.

Has anyone come up with an upgrade to this plastic bushing?

Allan

---