{Chrysler 300} Fan and Dash Voltage Regulator Act II

{Chrysler 300} Fan and Dash Voltage Regulator Act II

Hello All,

For anyone that is interested I got together the radiator fan and the dash voltage regulator. Now I just have to install it all the next time I am at the house where the car is.

For the fan I ordered high strength studs, thick hardened washers, and grade 8 nylock nuts from McMaster-Carr. I used red Loctite on studs after cleaning them well and wiping them with lacquer thinner. I torqued the nuts to the 15 to 18 pounds that the Hayden insert with the clutch stated to do. Now we just need to see if the fore – aft is on spot with the shroud.

For the dash voltage regulator {mine is working but I had issue with them in the past so…) I took the digital unit and mounted it on a small stainless steel bracket that I am going to hang off of someplace on the lower lip of the dash. Then run wires up to the gauges. I also did a split ground wire (brown, out of green) and will run that up to the dash ground stud and the other end to someplace on firewall or a heavy bolt that bolts to it like on the brake tower. I have found that the machine screw ground path on dashed is not the best over time even when everything is new. This will add a little more ground path and one can never have enough of that.

We shall also see how this works. I will need to bend the point limiter in the back of the gas gauge, so it is no longer in circuit. This is as I remember fun to do as the face of the gas gauge is riveted on and I really do not want to screw with that.

I have attached some photos of the finished items in the event anyone wants to file it for future reference.

James

---