{Chrysler 300} RAM remote brake boosters

{Chrysler 300} RAM remote brake boosters

Mikes post got me to thinking and I thought someone may want a copy of the attached for their files…

About 8 years back while I was restoring my 1949 Desoto Convertible, I made one major change to the concourse restoration on the car. I put 4 wheel disc brake on it. I used the stock master cylinder, but I want power brakes. So, remembering the remote Midland-Ross power brake booster I had on my short owned RAM convertible in high school, I decided to go down that route.

I managed to find the actual manufacturing plant that was still in operation that made those boosters. About 4 or 5 acquisitions since Midland-Ross. They were still making remote boosters. I got the foreman at the plant to send me a copy of the original prints so I could see the pressure curves. Not great copies, but there.  I am not sure if these prints are the same units as used on the Chrysler, but at least I had some pressure curves to deal with in making the change on the ’49.

I contacted him a couple of years later to thank him and he told me they had stopped making those units after decades as a key part that was made by a company in Turkey had burned to the ground and they did not know if they would ever start that production up again.

Best, James

---