Re: {Chrysler 300} What's the deal with 1957 Chrysler door handles?

Sounds like a good subject for a tech page on the web site.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 11:51 AM Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nick (and others) -

Yes, there is a difference between 57-8 handles and 59 handles. The pitch of the serrations and the width of the 'slotted strap' changed between 58 and 59. So if you are using a 57-8 handle, your latch must also be 57-8. If you're using a 59 handle, then your latch must be 59 as well. If you view them side-by-side the difference is obvious.

Ron

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nick Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 1:54 PM
To: John Grady
Cc: Chrysler 300 Club International
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} What's the deal with 1957 Chrysler door handles?

That's good to know about getting them rebuilt. It seems a couple door handles with different issues could be combined to make one good one. And plating could be addressed when they were apart. I've looked at ones that had the back plate broken from the handle slapping closed and others with arms broken off the handles.

And could the difference between a 4-door hardtop handle and the others be addressed at the same time?

Thanks for the help.