RE: {Chrysler 300} Steering 300K likely bad

RE: {Chrysler 300} Steering 300K likely bad

Turn out the carb looks ok. Although I have a very slight surge at 35 MPH.

As to the rebuild, I did not put just a kit in. I did everything short of replacing the shafts, which to my luck were just fine. I also ran through all the adjustments in the service manual.

I made a rookie mistake. I set the timing with the vacuum advance attached. I reset the timing to 10BTC with the advance off, and then I set idle screws with a vacuum gauge to lean best idle (18 Inches) and then I took it out for another test. Lit them up without any effort. No bog, no backfire.

Kickdown is working as well.

I should just kick myself in the ass… James