{Chrysler 300} RE: 300K Spark Plug Wires

Other sources have advised that the BB Chryslers used 5 straight boots, two 90 degree boots and one 45 degree boot.  Can anyone here confirm?

James

From: 'James Douglas' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2023 14:59
To: Chrysler 300 List Server (chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} 300K Spark Plug Wires

Happy New Year Everyone…

I need to order some new plug wires for the car. For the last 20 years I have used Taylor wires in my cars and have had very good luck with them. If you take some lacquer thinner and wipe the back ones, the lettering comes off kick and easy and you are left with a black cable.

The 300K does not have spark plug shields in place. I do not remember if it had them or not. Perhaps someone can refresh my memory on this?

In any case, if there a preferred sparkplug boot type and angle that people have found that work better then others?  Taylor also makes a ceramic boot as well as their regular units.

I would be particularly interested in folks’ feedback as to straight boots, versus slight angle versus 90 angle boots.

Also, who is the best source for the nylon snap over the wires items that then press into the valve covers in 1964?

Thanks, James

---

---