RE: {Chrysler 300} 57 300c windshield rubbers

I don't think it would hurt for the 30 minutes or so that it is applied. But from my recollection, I used PB Blaster, not WD-40. No silicons in that.

Ron

From: John Grady [mailto:jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 9:49 AM
To: Ron Waters
Cc: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 57 300c windshield rubbers

Not sure that prevents the damage Ron . Just use soap as lubricant ?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 4, 2023, at 9:47 AM, Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John (and others) -

The WD-40 is only used to make the rubber slippery so that the windshield will slide out. After it is removed, the gasket is immediately cleaned, probably with dish soap, and the channels are hand dried.

Ron