{Chrysler 300} 1964 300K Wiring Harness

A club member (Elliott Parker) with a nice 300 ram K contacted me for guidance on an electrical fire that impacted his under hood and under dash harnesses.  He’s not far enough into it to determine the extent of the damage but is trying to line up replacements.

Some questions:

Can you confirm the ’63 and ’64 harnesses are different?  I see the bulkhead connectors are different.  And that the ’63 300J shifter was not in the console.

Can you advise me/him whether the harness for a console car with shifter is significantly different from the harness of a push-button Torky car?  I know mine has a special feed for the console electrics.

Are the under hood harnesses the same for both years/all models?

Are new harnesses available?  I think the Canadian guy retired.

Do any of you have a spare harness or bulkhead connector for a ’64 you would part with?

I see Murray Park has a used under dash harness for a ’64 for $75.  If they are all the same in ’64  that seems like a bargain.  If he needs to find a harness specifically for an A/C ram car with console, that may be a challenge.

Thanks for your input and Happy New Year to all.

Rich Barber-The Pineapple Express continues here 40 miles east of San Francisco.  Mother nature just got all the back-ordered requests from last summer and got the supply chain fixed.

---