From: 'James Douglas' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 1/22/23 1:12 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: "Chrysler 300 List Server (chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} 300K Midland Booster

I just went to pull the 300K off the rack, I have the steering all back in with the temp box. I went to back up and the brakes were locked.

The pedal did not return. Now I had the booster off. It looked like it had been rebuilt at some time in the last 20 years. There was some surface rust on the can and also some on the plunger. I took the can apart, just the two shells and I cleaned everything on a wire wheel and gave the parts some zinc paint. Nothing on the inside. I put it back together and that was it. I reinstalled it after the steering was in.

Now one thing that has not worked well is the brakes since I picked it up. I do plan on an entire rebuild, but that is after the steering.  There was a funky return spring and bracket on the brake pedal arm that I took off. It did not seem to affect anything. But now I see why.

Anyone have any ideas? The service manual does not have anything on pressing the pedal down and and it staying there. I can pull it back with my foot.

I doubt it is the MC but anything is possible.

Help!

James

---

---