Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 Sport 300 - 3 speed manual trans

Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 Sport 300 - 3 speed manual trans

It’s a Chrysler A745 Heavy Duty transmission that was new for 1961. Complete rebuild instructions are in the 1962 service manual. I recently did a major overhaul of a 1961 A745 with the factory manual, the parts book, and some encouragement from club member Jean-Yves who had just done one. The instructions are good and everything went together by the book. Northwest Transmission has a basic rebuild kit and I was able to source all the shafts and other parts I needed through eBay and NOS vendors.

I don’t think there’s anything about it on our club website but the ‘62 manual and parts book should be on jholst.net. I have an extra ‘62 manual (and a parts book) if you want a hard copy.

Did you visit our meet in Elkhart Lake?

Andy in Chicago