RE: {Chrysler 300} 1964 Right Side Mirror

I am NOT worried about clearance. I want to know if one can see from the driver’s seat down the side of the car and the garage door opening. On many classic cars the right side mirror is worthless to the driver.

James

From: Cox <scooter465@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 10:31
To: James Douglas <jdd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 1964 Right Side Mirror

The K right side mirror

Mounts on top of the fender just like drivers

Side. It does not extend past the fender like modern cars. So with is

Not  a Problem.

Bob Haag

On Feb 23, 2023, at 11:55 AM, 'James Douglas' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are the passenger side fender rear view mirrors worth a darn on this car?

My 1947 had the beautiful factory swan cowl mirrors and they were totally worthless. My 1949 has the right-side mirror and it is worthless.

My problem is that the 1922 San Francisco garage door gives me exactly 2 inches on either side with the 300K. My 1940’s cars have a lot more room to squeeze through the doors.

So, before I find a mirror on eBay and buy the special wedge for that side, can someone with a ’63 or ’64 tell me if I can see down the right side of the car with the right-side mirror so I can avoid hitting the garage door opening?

Thanks, James

---

---