Re: {Chrysler 300} 300K A/C clutch diameter.

Re: {Chrysler 300} 300K A/C clutch diameter.

James,

I took my calipers out to the toy barn to be certain about the diameters of the A/C clutches and found that the earlier style using the external brushes has a diameter of 7.5”. The later post-‘60 induction clutch has a diameter of about 5”. In both cases the diameter of the pulleys is 6.25”.

So the info you got from John is correct, and the one you need will be known by seeing whether your pump has a pair of brushes in place next to the compressor shaft to contact the rotating windings of the clutch.

Keith Boonstra

-