Re: {Chrysler 300} battery

I’ve had about the same service length from Optima’s Vs ‘regular batteries’ for me : interstate, and Interstate “blems” ($50 bucks). When you have a lot of iron the blem price sounds terrific.

My experience has been as long as I keep the battery serviced (as close to “float” or fully charged) and minimize running them up/down they seem to last and provide service 6-8 years. Although I just had a blem conk out after 5 years - but at $50 I can’t complain.

On the optima I use a trickle charger every couple of weeks just to check the amperage out put and on everything else I use the cheapo battery tender Jr..

So for me - while those Cold Cranking numbers are key on waking up cold slumbering big block, it’s keeping everything “charged-up” that counts.

Hank