{Chrysler 300} Door Panel

The door panel on the front doors of the 300K are both in fairly good condition save for the top of the driver’s side where left arm rubbing has burned through the vinyl. The bottom of the panel is somewhat warped by water.

I took the panel and placed it flat on a bench and took a paint brush and wet down the areas good where they were warped. I then used a big section of a big wood beam and clamped it down for 2 days. I took it off a little while ago and it is nice and flat.  One or two clip holes need a little help, epoxy can take care of those.  I will use the wood hardener recommended here for the package shelf tray to stiffen it up and then coat it with an oil-based polyurethane.

My only issue is what to do about the upper couple of inches of the upholstery. I really do not want to have to rebuild all the panels. But to fix one with new material would require doing all of them so they match. Anyone have any creative ideas?

The rest of the panel is just fine.

James

---