{Chrysler 300} Suspension follow up 300K

{Chrysler 300} Suspension follow up 300K

I had some time yesterday to put the 300K on the rack and spent some more time looking at the issue of the right tie rod on the center link rubbing on the torsion bar.

Once I pulled the used parts out of storage and compared them the issue became quite clear.

The actual rod end on the factory center bar is 2.494 inches in overall length. The replacement is 3.309 inch.  The difference in it is the height of the actual head of the joint. The factory unit is 1.254 tall and the replacement is 1.663 tall without the grease nipple. With the nipple it is 2.018 tall.

I cleaned the area good on the torsion bar and painted it with red fingernail polish. I took the zerk fitting off, which by the way is a metric #7, and placed tape over the top. I will see after I drive it for a couple of weeks if it is still contacting.

On over the weekend I need to write the supplier and see where the center link came from and talk to who made it. Likely Rare Parts.

This is a warning to anyone who is going to do some work on a 1963 or a 1964 to be care fill on this part.

You may remember my older posts on this.

James

---