Re: {Chrysler 300} Trans ID

Nope. They literally sawed the shift lever flush with the column and left the wound. And they wired, the shift rods dangling from the steering shaft, to the frame. That was referenced several times by the concourse judges, back in the day.
I assume all console Hursts were done the same way. They only built about 50 Hursts with the console, so it was handled "Special"

Ray