Re: {Chrysler 300} 300F & G Brushed aluminum Door Inserts

Re: {Chrysler 300} 300F & G Brushed aluminum Door Inserts

Hello Peter,

These F/G brushed door and rear side panels are currently available from Michael Burke in Quincy, Michigan. These panels were fabricated about 8-10 years ago by Jan Fridberg in Sweden. I purchased Jan Fridberg's final set of these front door panels when I visited there in July 2019, and hand carried them on my plane flights home to Chicago from Oslo and London. I'm currently running them on my F and they look great.

These panels are included in the classified ad Michael is running in our Chrysler 300 Club News and our News-Flite publications, under his ad entitled 'Air Cleaners for 1958-1962 ...'  Near the end of this ad you'll see 'Brushed aluminum panels for doors of 300 F & G, either coupe or convertible at $450 a set.' I see that MIchael's similar classified in our online website does not conform to the print versions, as it does not mention these panels.

In my email exchange with him earlier today, Jan mentioned that Michael had 20 sets of these panels for coupes and 5 sets for convertibles. You'll need to specify your bodystyle(s). Jan also mentioned that the only European company he worked with that was able to apply the proper glaze in the anodization process on these panels burned down awhile back, and he will not be able to produce future runs of these panels.

So, if you need them now, or think you may need them in the future, by all means purchase them now from Michael! These are difficult parts to reproduce, considering the correct alloy composition of the underlying aluminum coupled with the anodization. Also our friends at Quirey do not stock these currently, and it's unclear whether they will undertake the task to attempt their reproduction

And, to Pete Fitch's email inquiry yesterday, I don't know of anyone repopping the F/G/H console center inserts. As did Pete, I purchased my replacement insert from Gary back in 2010.

Noel Hastalis
Burr Ridge, IL
F Coupe -
Heading to the huge Iola Old Car happening in a couple days - July 6-8. If you're there, stop by our Fin-Land area by Gate 4 to visit our 300 Club members and see some great Forward Look cars! This location differs from our previous years' location at Gate 5.