While I don’t have experience with these repro’s (I’ve always sent mine to LiBrandi’s plating and had my originals polished with exceptional results)….I have installed repro sill plates on other cars….CAUTION!!! Yes…they are super thin….Yes…they bend…BUT THEY can be RASOR Sharp. I cut the “hell” out of myself…installing a pair on my 62 Cadillac convertible!! It looked like a crime scene!

So proceed gingerly with caution, tape and gloves (or have plasma standing by) BTW liquid skin shield saved me!!!

Hank

On Jul 7, 2023, at 10:32 AM, dplotkin <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here is some feedback. I own a set of these reproduced plates. They are beautiful to look at. They have very limited utility. They are too thin to actually use as sill plates so you should not step on them when you're for example waxing your roof. Tell passengers as they enter and exit not to step on the plates. Do not over tighten the screws as previously mentioned.

Reproduction sill plates for other cars have a similar problem. These plates have been reproduced for the full size early 60s Fords where they are of similar quality and require similar light touch.

However they look great, with the door open it'll look like a new car.

Danny Plotkin

-------- Original message --------
From: 'Joe Williams' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 7/7/23 8:27 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: 'Nick Taylor' <nicksgaragesd@xxxxxxxxx>, 'James Douglas' <jdd@xxxxxxxxxx>, Rich Barber <c300@xxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 List Server' <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 1964 Sill Plates New

   I installed a pair of these on my 300H.  As stated, they are a thinner metal then original, but look nice.  Be careful installing and they should work out for you.  Can't speak to the durability but my old ones were in really bad shape so this was the right decision for me.  I would do it again.
Joe