Re: {Chrysler 300} Need trunk weatherseal for 300H

Re: {Chrysler 300} Need trunk weatherseal for 300H

Hi James ,
That section might be really really good to get into our club tech area write ups  ; maybe scan and forward to our #1 guy Bob M .
He could place it as a contribution from you .
It is really hard to do correctly , as I outlined— yet they seemed “ almost acceptable” when new ..

Has to be a secret sauce . For example :

After breaking an 86 year old packard windshield , and guys spending literally days trying to do it , we had a pro come in — he did not even use soap (!!)
Secret sauce ? = per pro : Start by inserting at top ( slightly narrower ) not bottom , which seems backward , and opposite what anyone would think ( rest it in on bottom is easy , then start flipping rubber with string , soap , plastic paddles etc  What Steele tells you too ) . That is wrong . I Can’t argue with 20 minutes and in — no soap even  .
These seals are like that , somehow — I hope .
Sent from my iPhone