From: Henry Schleimer [mailto:henry.schleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 August 2023 12:59 AM
To: 'Ray Melton'
Subject: RE: {Chrysler 300} Re: 300B Stumbling at 60+ MPH

Hi Ray

Don’t shoot the messenger!  The engineers who designed the engine thought it was important enough to write the instructions in BOLD in the service manual.  If you still aren’t convinced “The Complete Chrysler Hemi Engine Manual” also states the tubes were designed to fit onto the spark plugs without gaskets.

I took mine off with wire cutters or pliers, I forget.  No big deal, takes five minutes and no damage.  The aluminium face at the end of the tube could get smeared/distorted because the contact area is smaller than the shoulder of the plug. The soft crush ring as you call it is harder than the aluminium tube.  Of course the engine will work.  But he will probably get oil in the tubes.  Had that on my V6 Mitsubishi and it isn’t pleasant.

Henry