Re: {Chrysler 300} 1960 Alaskan White Paint Match

Re: {Chrysler 300} 1960 Alaskan White Paint Match

I have had some experience with paint matching of older paint colors.  I usually just go with the single stage paint when painting my older vehicles to go with the original look rather than the more modern glossy look but in the case of colors with metallic in them, then it is best to go with 2 stage paint since you cannot color sand and buff single stage metallics.

In either case, I have had some experience with color matches using TCP global paints since they seem to have the best color libraries of any paint supplier that go way back and for a couple of my older vehicles so far, they have done a great job in matching the original colors (libraries are great to have but they also seem to have talented mixers that get the colors right too).  My body/paint guy also says he likes the ease of color sanding and buffing their paints as well as the fast drying time.  So they are where I go now.

Usually the two stage paints of more modern times have quite different metallics in them compared to the older paints that only had very fine metallics in them as opposed to the more modern paints that have larger metallics.

No paint company that I have looked into even carries or can get the finer metallics anymore but TCP Global told me they still have them, so they are my go to paint company anymore.  They don't even need color samples from areas of your vehicle with colors that are still very original (not weathered) condition given their extensive libraries.

Here is a link to their color matching capability and their color library:   https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/

Steve Albu