RE: {Chrysler 300} Caution to all J/RamK owners or anyone using 63-64 he

RE: {Chrysler 300} Caution to all J/RamK owners or anyone using 63-64 headers re. pos. battery cable

Hi all...I've been following this thread and I am no longer selling battery cables through the Chrysler 300 Club, Inc. Club Store. I've been selling the battery cables for more than 10 years and Merle Wolfer was selling them through the Club Store for more years than I know. This is the first I've heard of the positive battery cable insulation and heat-shrink melting and shorting out on the exhaust header. Is this only "J/K" Ram problem?

 I have the club store battery cables on my 64 Newport and we drove it from San Diego to the Alamogordo meet 750 miles and 109 degrees for the trip. Also with my wife in her 64 and me in my "L" was "Van" Van Lennep in his "K" convertible which had the club store battery cables. Seven years later and 15,000 more miles on the Newport and no problems.

After all is said, I no longer sell the battery cables and they are no longer listed in the "Brute Force" Club Store merchandise. If you have the Club Store battery cables on Ram cars I recommend applying heat shield tape/wrap on the cable where it is in close proximity to the header. Heat shield tape/wrap is available on Amazon and most auto-parts retailers. If there are any questions of why I'm not selling the battery cables please contact me personally (off the Chrysler 300 list) and I'll explain. Warm 300 regards...George Ver Berkmoes, Chrysler 300 Club, Inc. Store Manager