RE: {Chrysler 300} 300G 3 speed project car on BaT

RE: {Chrysler 300} 300G 3 speed project car on BaT

Interesting, doable project.

In about 1964-65, I bought a white ’61 stick Newport thinking I had bought a poor-boy’s 300.  Living in Omaha and commuting to work on all city streets made for an unfun experience as easing through stop and go traffic with the stick soon damaged the clutch.  WOT acceleration was adequate but not up to my buddies ’64 GTO. So, it was a road car with the same external look as a G.  Traded it for a ’63 Newport 4DHT with T/F and it did well with my four  +-sized car pool team.  A very elegant car compared to the ’61.

Coulda had a V8, in a G and a J  Lessons learned.  Later external design did not appeal.

Anyone decoding the ’61 Body Data Plate/Fender Tag ?  This one seems loaded with the power swivel seats, P/W (?), P/B, P/S,  W/S washer, possible rear speaker and defogger, p/antenna.  Now collecting ’61 as well as ’62 Chrysler or  Imperial Body Data Plate pix for my/our decoder project.  Pix need to be accompanied by list of std & opt eq’pt on the car.

Best wishes to our Florida, Georgia and east coast members and their fellow citizens as they deal with two hurricanes.

Rich Barber in hot CA 104F predicted   91F @ 1 PM. May not make it.