From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of John Grady
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2023 10:27 AM
To: Dan Plotkin <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Carl <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx>; john begian <r2gthawk@xxxxxxxxx>; chrysler 300 club <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Re: 1961 Wide Fin Alternator single field replacing a two field squareback alternator?

exactly my experience , pried one open (?the one with red  wire hanging out , overcharged on road trip way back  cost me a 200$ battery  ) Twice had them  fail by shorting to full charge all the time .” solid state reliability”

Inside was a custom silicon IC cost  someone in Asia 20- 40 cents once designed , but not designed with enough margin , about 1/2” squsre junk

Keep your mechanical and a point file

Sent from my iPhone