RE: {Chrysler 300} Recognize This Concept Car?

RE: {Chrysler 300} Recognize This Concept Car?

The black and white photo is of the ill fated Chrysler Norseman. that went down with the Andrea Doria.  Chrysler sent a 1956 Chrysler chassis and drive train to Gia in Italy, where the Norseman was built.  What a shame.  There are no color pictures of this car, but it was reported to be a two tone green, notice the lack of an “A pillar and the beautiful cantilevered roof.  I read an article from a Chrysler Engineer at the time who said that they had a hard time finding the correct material to make rods that could be used to draw the nose of the roof down to the desired  height.  The entire rear window of the car retracted into the trunk, giving an extraordinary open air feeling to the car.  There is a French Company, Mini Champs, who made a limited edition 1/18 scale model of this car, based on all of the Gia original pictures.  I have one and only take the lid off of the display box on very special occasions.

Regards

bill

Inline image

.