{Chrysler 300} Second source for 57C sleeve pump and steering box servic

{Chrysler 300} Second source for 57C sleeve pump and steering box service!

Hello 300’ly to all!
	Necessity is the mother of invention and more close to home having a sleeve design one year only power steering pump on your ’57 300C that needs to be serviced is a great motivator to find an outfit to do it right.  Straight Line Steering in San Jose, CA sends these pumps to a subcontractor to service them.  I contacted a second outfit that is already on the club vendor list in Columbus, Ohio named Steer and Gear.  I spoke to Linda, whose father is the founder and owner of the business and who also raced with Hemi powered cars that they also rebuild the Thompson sleeve pump and steering gear boxes! They charge $310 to rebuild the pump which includes ALL parts if required and bench testing before shipping and they even send a UPS shipping label to send it to them! Turn around time 2-3 weeks. One year warranty on both items they repair.  So now we have Ralph at Straight Line Steering (who subcontracts the work) in San Jose, CA, and Linda at Steer and Gear in Columbus, Ohio (who does work in house) as points of contact for this service!  Rob Kern

---