Re: {Chrysler 300} Converter Stall Speed

Re: {Chrysler 300} Converter Stall Speed

 Hi stall depends only on  torque not rpm . The stall number is just that , not turning at all , slip at certain torque . How much it slips at dead start . Slip is also torque multiplication related
use stock ! axle ratio does not matter at all unless racing . Or wanting slip at start ( hot cam)

That said , ram J and K had very special converters “ high stall “ to allow more rpm at dead stop , more initial hp . Why J burned out of hole so easy . Penalty is a small  drop in gas mileage , losses , runs hotter , ok with cooling but also a lot less tendency to stall or slam engaging at 700-800 rpm . ( problem with ram F and G )
unless hot cam , low gears ( race start ) stock stall is best . We are not smarter than design guy making that trade
Asnd A transmission sells a really good late cadillac converter adapted to 727 late mopar , i have not tried but plan to . converter tech has improved greatly in 65 years . Cadillac much better than ours .
Be careful input spline on 727 changes size somewhere around 64 or 65 , that coverter probably for later input spline
John
Sent from my iPhone