Thank you ALL for the responses.
Appreciate it all.

Matt Allyn

On Jan 13, 2024, at 12:38 PM, Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just got my factory ’65 Barracuda radio back from Gary Tayman in Florida (before and after pictures attached) and plan on having my 300G Golden Touch 407 radio converted as well.   He installed the Aurora system 45 watt/channel, 4 channel amp with AM/FM conversion and stereo input jack, as well as a USB module input.

I have over 6,000 songs on the USB saved on a tiny San Disk Ultra Fit 128GB thumb drive, that lives in the glove box.  I could have also ordered the Bluetooth adapter for full cordless phone use as well as music, but didn’t because I don’t plan on much phone use driving a 4 speed.  If I do want to play directly from the phone it is easy to just plug in the cable.

Gary basically guts the radio of the old electronics, and installs the Aurora circuit board, along with the optional USB and/or Bluetooth board. The volume/tone control, and tuning controls are retained, as well as the 100% stock appearance, I just love it.  Each button push (or tuner twist) plays a different song, you can’t pick a bad station, it’s all your music. Power cycle (off/on) selects FM/AM or USB input.  Line input (cable input from phone) is selected by tuning all the way to the left on the dial.  I’m still learning to use the additional features; equalizer, loudness, front rear fade, balance control.

It is important to note that the more options you add, the more complicated it is to use.  There is a lot of tone/volume twisting to learn what controls what.  It even has a voice assistant that comes on to tell what mode you are in. You need to memorize the control functions, and it can be confusing getting started.  The model 407 Golden Touch seven button tuner in my G has an auto station seek floor button as well as dial buttons, I’m told these features will remain and be handled by the Aurora board.  I’ll definitely include the USB and maybe Bluetooth module when I have that conversion done.  If the Bluetooth module is included, it adds hands-free phone use, but you may have to add a microphone someplace (or just put the phone in your lap).  If I drove my G as much as Noel Hastalis drives his F, it might be worthwhile, but I don’t.  Then there are speaker considerations, another lengthy topic with many opinions, so I’ll let that one go, except to say I must have stereo, not combined channel mono.

Bob J

From: 'John W Sager' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2024 5:22 AM
To: Chrysler 300 List <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Matt Allyn <allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 1962 Radio > Bluetooth Addition

While they aren't "stock" internals when done, I've sent a couple radios to Gary Tayman in Florida for stereo conversion. When done, they work great, better than new with zero change in external appearance. He can add Bluetooth or jacks for external sources (like my satellite radio) or outputs to external amplifiers. It all depends on what you want.

From what I've seen, the guys that actually repair stock radios are few and far between.

Tayman Electrical stereo solutions for collector cars

Stereo Conversions, new stereos, speakers and accessories, for antique and collector vehicles