Re: {Chrysler 300} Craigs List Car

Hello Zach,

A couple very brief comments on Chrysler 300 Letter Cars, that our 300 Club focuses on. For the model years 1955 thru 1961, all Chrysler 300s were Letter Cars. For the model years 1962 thru 1965, Chrysler marketed its Letter Cars - 300-H, -J, -K and -L), but also what we refer to as '300 Sport' models. These were Chrysler's mid-priced models - above the Newport and below the New Yorker and available as convertible, 2-door hardtop and 4-door hardtop body styles. So the listing you've posted here is a 300 Sport - yes, a 300, but no, not a Letter Car and not a New Yorker.

May I recommend you purchase the book "Chrysler 300 'America's Most Powerful Car' ", by Robert Ackerson, first published in 1996. Many of our members have this book in their library. It's a wonderful hardcover reference of our beloved Chrysler 300s.

Noel