{Chrysler 300} A518 Trans

I know that Tony Rinaldi did this swap into a Chrysler 300F. What I would like to ask the club membership is:

  1. Does anyone know if anyone has done this saw pina 1963-1964 Chrysler?
  2. Does anyone have any idea as to the floor pan clearances between a 300F and the J & K ?

I suspect that the cast iron Torqueflite bell housing was larger than the aluminum version in 1963 and then probably the floor pan clearance is less for a swap.  Since I will be driving this car all the time and on cross country trips, it would be nice to do something to help with fuel and to be able to keep a 3.23 or even a 3.55 rear end in for fun when needed.

I have to rebuild a trans, mine is in need. But if a overdrive trans with a lock up converter can be done without cutting the pan, then I am very interested.

So, if anyone has any information, I would really like to hear about it.

Thanks, James

---