{Chrysler 300} Thought on an issue - Rear end -Brake - Tube

{Chrysler 300} Thought on an issue - Rear end -Brake - Tube

Hi All,

I am working away on the spare rear end unit. Eaton Springs showed up and thanks for the club discount!

I know that the pumpkin will be coming out at least one, if not twice, over thew coming year as I play with gear changes and testing as well as getting a posi.

The thing I hate about this design is that to pull the axles one must pull the backing plates. That means opening the fluid system or bending the steel lines to move the backing plates out of the way.

I digress…

I received some parts that I am going to use for the door window motor stabilization. (https://www.mcmaster.com/2615T22/)

These got me to thinking about using two of these and mounting a fitting on the top of the rear end tube and using a small brake hose to make the final connection. If I did this then if the axles need to come out the backing plate can be swung away and wired and then put back without opening the system or changing a steel line crack.

I prefer doing things that can be put back if anyone really wanted to in the future.

Thoughts?  James

---