{Chrysler 300} Chrome

I have some experience to share. I use 3 shops depending upon the size of the work and availability/schedules. All 3 of these are time honored and with excellent reputations. They have been known to me for over 25 years. The restoration shop I use has employed them for an equal amount of time.

1. Tri City Plating, Elizabethton TN

There folks are competitive and fast. They did the bumpers for my 1956 Fleetwood, no small undertaking.

They have big tanks and can deal with big bumpers.

2. Advance Custom Chrome, Erie PA

Advance does fine detail work and show chrome. They repaired pitted headlamp bezels and rear door mouldings, also pitted. They did an outstanding job on the Cadillac Goddess on the hood.

(See attached photo)

3. D&S Plating, Holyoke MA

Mickie at D&S likes to brag he does work for Jay Leno. He has. His work, especially on small items that are important is unbeaten. When I did the Caddy I forgot the door handles and had to beg Mickie to do them at the last minute. He is local to me. He can be temperamental, but the work is beautiful.

Danny Plotkin

---