RE: {Chrysler 300} Wing nuts for F & G

Not trying to beat this to death, but I have been asked for clarification.  So, for judging purposes at meets, as long as the wing nuts are stamped, one painted gold per air cleaner, they’re correct?   Was there a separate washer under each nut as well, or did the wing nut have a washer like base?.

Bob J

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Nick Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 11:05 AM
To: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chrysler-300-club-international@googlegroups com <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Wing nuts for F & G

Of course there could be variations of supplies. I can still see the gold inside two of my wingnuts.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2024, 10:56 AM Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the link Nick.  It seems to me that maybe several types were used.  The photo I attached from the Car Life 300G article (and you included in your writeup) the nuts do not look the same on each carb.   I’d like to see a picture of the air cleaners on the Nebraska 300G that only had a few hundred miles on it and sat in the dealership for many years.

Bob J