Re: {Chrysler 300} 1962 Torqueflight Finish

Re: {Chrysler 300} 1962 Torqueflight Finish

I feel your pain. Years ago I picked up my freshly rebuilt TF from a shop that thought they were doing me a favour by painting it Ford blue……for my restoration. :( They weren’t as keen as I was to starting over,  putting it all in a hot tank to clean the crap off……so I sprayed it down with oven cleaner, scrubbed, wire wheeled, dremeled and tooth brushed it until it was bare. Unhappy with the now uneven finish I applied a very light coat of cast aluminum color paint. Looked nice but not correct. I like John’s approach of rubbing the paint with a rag.

Told an engine builder doing the bottom end on an engine for my hotrod last year NOT to paint it AT ALL……about 8 times over several months. Even wrote it on everything and had them note it on my account. Guess what color it was when I picked it up? Arrgg!

Ryan