{Chrysler 300} Safety Suggestion .....INSPECT Your Old Wheels

{Chrysler 300} Safety Suggestion .....INSPECT Your Old Wheels

Yesterday I was going to take the G out for a ride. I sometimes have to drive through small puddles which get the tires dirty. I pulled the G out of the smaller garage and around the corner to the larger garage to clean the tires.
I was shocked to see a flat tire. I just drove it on Friday and all was well.

After I removed the wheel, I was turning it looking for a nail or something in the tire tread. Everything looked good until I looked at the backside.

The rim was cracked. It was about 8" long. I'm lucky that I wasn't driving at high speeds on the highway as things could have gone from bad to worse very quickly.
I didn't get the tire removed from the wheel yet. When I go to get it dismounted, I'll ask the guy " I'm wondering if you can fix and weld my wheel." I'm sure he'll get a chuckle out of that, if he's that kind of guy.

Safety Suggestion : Occasionally Inspect your wheels on these old cars looking for stress cracks.

Bye for now and be safe out there  !!!

Charlie Valentine

---