Re: {Chrysler 300} Scroll down to the 300E

Re: {Chrysler 300} Scroll down to the 300E

I'm not a "hot rod" or a "restomod" guy but even among those types of cars, I find this to be very unattractive. And that's not because he butchered a 1959 300E. The description says the roof pillars and doors are modified. Realistically, he could have started with a 4-door sedan Windsor and made this.

I recognize there is a lot of work, skill and craftmanship in this but it sure illustrates beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I also understand the guy who owns the car and pays the bills gets to make the decision. I just don't get why someone would use a real, salvageable letter car when the final product is so far from where it started anyway. Virtually any 1959 Chrysler (including a complete parts car) could have been used.

Maybe I'm too narrow minded and in the minority because the judges in Detroit obviously liked it.

Brian