From "Finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To "Carl" <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc "John Lazenby" <french_fryguy@xxxxxxxxx>; "Chrysler 300 Club International" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date 3/25/2024 6:46:09 PM
Subject Re: {Chrysler 300} KONITO TIRES

I have not had good experience with Nexen on my 2015 Ram, OEM new in 2015,
Broken cords in front tires and tread separation on the rear.
Of course this was on a pickup and not a car/

From: "Carl" <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "John Lazenby" <french_fryguy@xxxxxxxxx>, "Chrysler 300 Club International" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:19:29 PM
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} KONITO TIRES

John, two items of feedback:

1) not all Diamond Back tires are sourced from China.  Depends on what brand they use and from which plant.  The ones I purchased from DB for my G last year are Nexens.  They have two plants in Korea and (sadly) one in China.  So depends on the brand used and the plant.  The whitewalls have stayed perfectly white thus far (8 months), which gets to  point #2.

2) While I do not have personal experience with Kontio, my past and current internet research has shown many anecdotal examples of Kontio (and all other Chinese whitewalls) turning brown in short order.   My experience with DBs are that they never turn brown.   I previously had good results with USA made American Classic, up to 2022.  The last set I bought , summer of 2022, started turning brown within 6 months, some of the tires worse than others.  This could have been from mishandling in storage/shipping/installation (blackwall was resting against whitewall, which can permanently stain the ww) or from the black rubber from behind the ww leaching through the ww.

Carl