{Chrysler 300} Re: KYB Front Shock Upper 1964 300K Question - Issue.

{Chrysler 300} Re: KYB Front Shock Upper 1964 300K Question - Issue.

James: The rule of thumb for shock mounts that use a stud and rubber bumpers is to tighten the stud nut until the rubber bumper expands out to slightly larger than the OD of the special washer under the nut. Be sure to double nut the stud, as if you use only a single nut, it WILL unwind. When I got my 300C, the LF shock was just along for the ride, as the nut had completely come off the stud, and the RF was totally loose, but the nut was still there. Nobody had double nutted the shocks,.

Dyke Ridgley