Re: {Chrysler 300} Motors and regulators

Re: {Chrysler 300} Motors and regulators

have to be careful here with English !!

yes you can remove motor leaving transmission work gear to  hold spring but getting motor off transmission while in car is not  anyone’s  first approach. Certainly was not mine . People will think motor is what moves windows and looks easy to take whole unit  off , which disengages pinion . Wham
Many will hear “ motor “ and remove the assembly and it WILL snap enough to hurt you   . To get off motor remove two nuts and slide back . But how  do you know if motor or gear is the issue?
More to the point in my experience  it is the gear that fails most of the time ( the nylon gear splits ) why we made bronze gears   . Split gear may not hold spring…
Motors can be swapped  around but the ones  facing up get water in them
along output shaft  , turn to unrepairable  rusted junk at bottom brushes  .. on top of the gear problem
. Jamie mentioned using valve seals on motor shaft as water stop . The stock things do leak water , shrink — gets to
motor
glue with  rubber cement works too  .
Vise grips can slip …
Just saying .. i got hit by this when first attacking it
I never worked on regulator  in place took it all out . Maybe drilling lets you lock it in car then remove transmission and motor to fix .
Never did that .. might be easier .
be careful ,

Sent from my iPhone