[59plymouth] oil light comes on

I took Faulkner out for a drive yesterday.  The old 318 runs great, and
burns very little oil.  Not bad for 85K.

But the oil light does come on, particularly when idling.  It disappears
around 35mph or so.

It's occurred to me that I might have a clogged sensor, and I intend to
replace it.  But is there anything I might do to help the old block, short
of a rebuild?  Is it relatively cheap, for example, to replace the pump with
a new or rebuilt one?

     Dan