Re: What about diesel fuel????

$6.95 .com Domain Name Sale!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
caab7pQb7yoMza/ GoDaddy

In a message dated 4/12/2004 10:32:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
threecarb65@xxxxxxx writes:

> I have wondered...If had and engine with very high compression ratio,say
> 10:1 or higher and you were having problems with detonation or "pinging" could
> you add a ratio of gasoline mixed with diesel fuel to slow down the burn rate
> and eliminate the problem without a noticable loss of power??? My uncle used
> to add 1/2 gallon of diesel per tankfull and swore it helped make things
> like valve guides last way longer. Any ideas Esteemed Comrades?Stan

  .  My son accidently put almost 1 gal of diesel fuel in my Custom 880  with
a High compression 383 motor in it. I filled the tank 25 gal and we figured
that it would be o.k.  Car ran "soft"   no pickup at all for days and days till
all that fuel was out.   Everytime the tank ran down a bit I would throw more
93 in it and it gradually got better.