Re: Nationals/posi

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caacvgpb7yoMza/OmahaSteaks

Joe,

  I bought the forged weld-on ends from Mancini for
$60 and a friend and I cut the rear axle down
ourselves using a jig and chopsaw. We cut it to A body
dimensions. Supposedly I can move the front hangers in
and use offset in the rear. He's done about seven of
these, including the one he's using in his 64 Polara
race car. The Dana came out of a 73 Dodge 3/4 ton
pickup and of course doesn't have the boss to mount
the pinion snubber. I'm going to mount an adjustable
pinion snubber on the body. My friend uses one of
these and it works fine.

Where's the best place to buy a posi ?    Mancini?
Randy's ?

   Gary

>   For me, there's only one.  The Detroit Locker,
> super strong, super
> reliable, super noisy.   I do have a 9.25 SG drum to
> drum out of a cop car that I was
> considering for my Beledere, but there's a 8.75 with
> 3.23 SG in the car that
> most people say is strong enough and I have a
> Dynamic's converter to purchase.
> What did it cost to have your rear shortened?  Joe
>
> --

[AD removed for archives]
Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caacvgob7yoMzf/ChildrenInternational

----

b7yoMz.