Re: Information?

[AD removed for archives]
Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caacvgob7yoMza/ChildrenInternational

Kyle,

LA 318 camshafts and Poly 318 camshafts do not interchange.

Each cam will fit in your motor but if you lay the LA318/340/360 cam next to
the Poly318 cam you will notice as you count lobes from the back of the cam
that the lobe layout for a Poly has #3 & #4 lobes synch'd in the same
postion and the LA cam is staggered.  What does this mean?  That one
cylinder will always be out of phase with the rest of the cylinders and the
engine will barely run and can do damage as the valves slam into the piston
on the compression stroke (worst case scenario).

All U.S.1957-66 Poly 318 cams interchange (1956: 277,303 are OK and the 1959
Dodge 326 poly used a Hyd. cam for a Poly 318) as well as the Canadian
installed 301, 303, 313, 318 engines.  In Canada the Poly 318 was installed
in vehicles through 1967 but never in the U.S.  A cam mfgr. or retailer that
sells you a 1967 and later LA cam for a Poly 318 engine is making an error.

Gary Pavlovich

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caacvgob7MlEoa/ChildrenInternational

Hey Gary,
you said you hoped the camshaft was for an LA motor, because if not it would
damage it.
How? If I change the lifters and cam, will that not work?
Just curious...!
Kyle

>From: "Gary H." <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:48:56 +0000
>
>[AD removed for archives]
>Sponsor a child today through Children International.
>Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
>For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
>caacvgob7L2Mya/ChildrenInternational

>----
>Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
>directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
>negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
>recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect
>your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content
>signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!
>
>'62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
>http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.

[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caacvggb7MlEof/Sharebuilder

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caacvggb7yoMzf/Sharebuilder

----

b7yoMz.