RE: Old Reliable

[AD removed for archives]
Click here and walk away with your free Chevy collectible.
caacDvMb7yoMza/PermissionData

Don,

The simple answer is fuel injection. I have been following a few guys
who are converting
to FI. One has a radical 440 with an 8 port Hilborn.  After he put the
fuel injection unit on
and dialed it in, the drivability was like night and day. However, it is
very expensive, and time
consuming, since it takes several dyno runs just to get into the ball
park. I would love to do
in, but I have to many other things going on. Plus I love the Ruckety
Puckety part.

In fact, he was a bit disappointed with how much the injection smoothed
out the engine.
The wave of the future. If I want smooth, and powerful, that is why I
have the Mercedes with the V8.

Earl

I will be OK. Time is my only problem and if you all can wait then I
have no problem getting it done. The other book Return to Deutschland
has more than enough preoders to offset the cost of reprinting Old
Reliable as i have orders both here and in Europe for it. It is just
that the printer is almost 3 weeks behind on the contract for finishing
the book and I have to pay them when they are done. Also There is no
point in me giving them another order till they have completed this one.

On another note.
I now have over 14000+ miles on my 63 and winter is drawing nigh. We
might get another month of cruise nights but that is about it. I have to
change the headers as I have a cracked one on the drivers side which I
have repaired twice. I am thinking of pulling the 426 and exploring the
possiblility of getting some tamer drivability while not losing any
power. Modern engines are now doing this and I believe it is possible to
bring an older engine into this new relm / We shall see. I have some
ideas most of which are cam related .
It is not that I don't enjoy the current engine because I do. It is a
mindblower to drive and never fails to make me smile. It is just that I
am curious We shall see Don

[AD removed for archives]
Are Americans getting fat? Give us your opinion and win.
caacDvYbV1hOjf/PermissionData

----
directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Do you live vicariously through Reality TV? Let us know and win!
caacDv1b7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.